Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Others

I can't shake it. It's a good thing. I have seen my sin and desire to change. My life still revolves around me. In many ways, I am still at the center of my universe.

AKA selfish and self-centered.

Our lives change when we meet Jesus. We taste and see that the Lord is good and we are forever changed. But if we're not careful, we can go on loving God and enjoying His presence in our lives, all the while still living isolated from people and their needs.

The older I get the more I am realizing that our love for God and what he has done for us should be played out in our interactions and love for others. So you say you love God? Show it by how you treat and love others. What good is that supposed love for God if you neglect the needs and never consider the interests of others? You say you would lose your life for Jesus, would you lose it for others? Would you lose it in terms of time, money, inconvenience, patience, prayer...?

Are you willing to lose your life for the church? The body?

Counting others more significant that ourselves, considering their needs and interests like or before our own takes a purposeful, conscience effort to do so. To reorient our lives like this requires a reorienting of our minds. And that is no small task. The changing and renewal of our mind doesn't always come easy. We need the help of the Holy Spirit. And He does. And He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment