Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Faith Booster

Psalm 119:27 says, Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works.

What a great way to build faith. When we meditate on the great things God is done, we are encouraged in our faith. We are encouraged to believe God for more of the same and greater! The problem comes when I fill my mind with what I feel He HASN'T done. My faith crashes at that point and its hard to step out in faith and believe God for more.

Jesus perfectly revealed the Father. In doing that, He healed all who came to Him. I have never seen a place in Scripture where He turned someone down for healing. We too are to pray in faith for healing with Jesus as our example. We have power through the Holy Spirit to do great works! However, if I meditated on all the times I have prayed for healing and it didn't happen, my faith isn't encouraged. At all. In fact I'm probably more discouraged. On the other hand, when I meditate and remind myself of the times healing has occured, I am encouraged and empowered to believe God for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment