Sunday, October 30, 2011

His Voice

So thankful to receive wisdom and insight from the Lord today.

Anytime the Lord speaks, I am uplifted and encouraged. The Lord spoke to me through my good friend Tom Zurowski, the pastor at the church I gather with, The Chapel. Tom preached this week on finding the Lord's will for your life. As Tom says, most people play the "Don't ask, don't tell" game with God. They think that if they don't ask Him what His will is for their life, then maybe He wont tell them. Anyone who is playing that game with God of course has it all wrong and backwards, as finding out what He says for our life is what the Christian walk is all about.

I have had something in my heart for some time regarding the Lord's will for my and my family's life. However, I have had a seeming lack of direction regarding what to do next. I am going about my everyday life, carrying this vision in my heart. Sometimes I think about it, other times I am giving it little to no attention.

Tom's word this morning that spoke to me was, "Step toward it," and, "Lean into it."

That's what I needed to hear today. Simple, maybe, yet powerful enough to move a person toward their destiny, and it's what I needed to hear today.

He talked briefly to those who felt like God had given them a vision or calling or dream, but weren't sure what to do next. You've prayed, you desire His leading, yet you are unsure of what to do next. His advice? Step toward it. Don't wait for all the ducks to be in a row. Don't wait for the whole path to be laid out clearly. Lean into it.

Like I said, it was what I needed to hear. I believe that was the word that Tom felt was for someone in attendance today, and it very much could've been just for me.

As I reflect on it though, this word of encouragement only breathes life and focus into what I already felt the Lord was saying. It also reminds me that I am not obeying what I felt like He has said.

Convicted and encouraged. Time to lean in.

No comments:

Post a Comment