Saturday, October 22, 2011

No Fear

I tweet. I enjoy it. I get to follow the people I chose that I have an interest in, a relationship with, or who add value to my life through the 140 characters they have to write their thoughts.

One person I recently started following was Taffi Dollar, wife of Creflo Dollar of Creflo Dollar Ministries. I know little of the Dollars, though, I am amused by their last name, and I have enjoyed some of their tweets. One in particular caught my attention the other day that I found beneficial and spoke into my life. Mrs. Dollar's tweet said this:

"TaffiDollar: Pray for your children. No fear! Shut the door on fear with faith. Live the fearless life. Fear robs you & robs them of their peace."

So true.

I struggle with fear when it comes to my children. When I give into that fear I am giving into sin. God commands us to not be afraid. Nor did He give us a spirit of fear, rather perfect love casts out fear. God through His Word has made it clear that we are to live a "fearless life," but the reality of my life right now is that I allow myself to live with fear. I have allowed fear to creep in, not only in regards to my children, but other areas of life as well.

And so I chose, today, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to live a life without fear. I chose, instead, to live a life of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment