Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Heart Words

One thing I am learning about blogging is that for me, I get the most enjoyment when I am able to put into words the passions, convictions, and thoughts that reside deep inside of me. That's what makes the time and effort well spent.

I am realizing the commitment level needed to be able to write on things near and dear to my heart is high. It takes time, reflection, energy and effort to recognize what is in my heart and then put those concepts, emotions and passions into written form. At least that is how it is for me.

I also believe that if I am neglecting my time with the Lord, my inspiration runs dry in many ways. He is my source of inspiration, He is my greatest and innermost desire. The Holy Spirit is the one who even helps me formulate words that accurately express the things in my heart. He is the fountain of my inspiration and desires so to speak, and when I am not drinking from that fountain, my inspiration runs dry.

Jesus is the source of life for me, and He is for all of humanity, though some recognize it while others don't. It is in God we find truth, Jesus being that Truth. He holds the answers for life, both in this life and life eternal. In Christ, we can see through the deceptions of the age, grow in holiness, and renew our minds to think according to truth.

And so, He is my ultimate inspiration. Without Him, I have nothing to write, nothing meaningful to me. Now sure, I could write on things important to me separate from Christ such as my family, my struggles, and convictions, but ever since I found life in Him, He is the river of life that gives even greater meaning to things that are already important to me.

I am new to this. Sharing my thoughts on a regular basis. Each blog is different and each blogger writes for different reasons. For me, my writing is closely connected to my heart. And as a Christian, I believe you would find Christ at the center of my heart. I don't think I say that in pride, but for the simple fact that He is everything to me! He is the only one that helps me make sense of the world around me, and breathes life into my very existence.

And so, I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment