Saturday, March 10, 2012

Date Night

*sigh*

Liz and I got away for a date night tonight. How refreshing! A much needed getaway for both of us.

I've been stressed lately, and when I'm stressed, I'm not sure even why I'm stressed.

Its kinda like my difficulty with finding things. I'm horrible at it. Down right awful! What I'm searching for can be right where I'm looking, and I still can't see it. It's the same when I'm stressed, the reason is inside me and my emotions, and I can't recognize it.

Of course, my wife is opposite. She is a phenomenal finder (if there was such a title), and she is excellent at understanding and putting words to her emotions. (Another reason she's perfect for me!)

In fact, I've learned over the years that she has a better awareness than I about where we are at as a couple - if we are connecting well or emotionally distant. I could go for weeks of disconnect and if my tummy was full and we talked about "business" stuff regularly, I'd think our relationship was great!

Thankfully, my wife knows better than me. (And hopefully I've moved from clueless to at least semi-conscious regarding emotional oneness!)

Anyway, it was a great night to get away and be together. We need to do this more often :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for date nights!! I had so much fun with you honey. You are my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay is right! It was great to get away with you babe... let's do it again soon!

      Delete