Thursday, March 22, 2012

Work Ethic

A friend of mine once said that he enjoys watching anything that shows someone performing or competing at the top of their game. In other words, they are the best at their craft, whatever "their craft" may be.

There is something we can gain from those who perform or succeed at a very high level. Those who are the best at what they do didn't get there by accident, rather, a lot of qualities, virtues and intangibles brought them to the level they are at.

And a lot of hard work.

It is 5-time World Series Champion Derek Jeter who said, "My parents always told me, 'There's always going to be someone that's better, but there's no reason why someone should outwork you. That's just an excuse.'"

Though I'm not much of a fan of baseball, I sure can appreciate and gain from one of the greatest Yankees players of all time.

Question now might be, is anyone out-working you or I?

No comments:

Post a Comment