Friday, February 24, 2012

Timely Word

Have you ever recieved a timely word from a friend? From the Lord directly? My wife and I recieved the same word on two seperate days here recently that we believe was just for us, just from Him, and just what we needed.

We had been in turmoil about something we have been praying about for a while now, when over the course two days I believe God shared with us an encouraging message that was what we needed to hear. He first dropped the thought in my wife's heart a couple days ago, however she didn't say anything to me about what she was feeling. The very next day I had an acquaintance, unsaved mind you (God will speak however He wants to us), share with me in random conversation the very same thing that my wife had received from the Lord.

It was just what we needed to hear.

I was sharing with my wife Liz what this gentleman had said and how it impacted me, and she revealed to me that she had the very same thought just the day before. I believe it was God speaking to us clearly about the posture and attitude we need to be taking in this season of life and in regards to what we were praying through. How wonderful!

I'm reminded this morning that that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6 ESV. As believers, God is doing a good work in us, He is at work in us. He knows right where we are at and what we need. And He takes care of His children being the loving Father that He is. He meets our needs at just the right time, and the word He gave us was exactly that.

I would encourage you to continue to seek His face, and trust that He will bring the word, the open door, the change, the encouragement you need too, at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment