Thursday, February 23, 2012

Be Anxious... For Nothing

The Bible says, do not be anxious about anything. I needed to hear that today. I was getting all tore up about life and as a result, was filled with anxiety. Then this verse came back to me. It goes on...

...do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Let your requests... Which I would say, means ALL your requests or anxieties. In other words, cast everything on Him. All your anxieties. Don't hold anything back for yourself to get stressed about. Give it all to Him. And as the next verse says...

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 ESV

Deep sigh...

Yea. I needed that today. Maybe you did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment