Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Closer Emotion

Is it true that when you find something you love, and truly enjoy it, to a point of deep satisfaction, that you are brought closer to your Creator?

What about that favorite instrumental song, or that picture that invokes such emotion, or that hobby that brings an un-orchestrated smile to your face...

Is it possible that somehow when we stay true to our innermost desires and satisfactions, that we are actually drawn closer to the One who has created us and all good things that we enjoy?

When done right, blogging is therapy for me. It helps me to identify and bring out emotions and desires that otherwise I may not even realize are stirring within me. Blogging has helped me to get in touch with my "feminine" side so to speak. As a man we have a rap of being tough and bigger than our emotions, but come on guys, we got feelings too!

Though I'm not sure blogging helped me in pondering the things I'm writing on today, it has helped me to recognize, articulate, and sort through these very real emotions inside of me.

Anyway, the other day I was struck by a group of pictures that spoke to my soul. I don't know how else to put it except that the views that were in these pictures struck a deep cord in me. And somehow, I felt closer to the Lord through allowing myself to be so moved by the photos. Normally, I don't think I would have allowed myself to feel what I did, maybe because normally my subconscious wouldn't let me. Maybe it was because I felt the Lord was closer to me than usual during that time.

Either way, I felt it.

Maybe this is old news to some who are well-versed in recognizing and enjoying their passions and emotions.

Or, maybe I'm just crazy.

Not quite sure myself yet. But, I felt what I felt. And something tells me, I'm not the only one who has felt that way before...

Nor do I want it to be my last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment