Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolution 1: Check My Motives

At our worship gathering this morning, my friend and pastor spoke about New Years resolutions for part of the message. The thing that stuck out to me the most was checking the motives of our resolutions. Here are some thoughts I wrote during the message:

When u make new years resolutions consider who it's for.

I will do [blank] this year because...

Is it for u, or God, others?

The past is behind u, leave it behind, good or bad.

Definitely some good thoughts to consider when casting vision for the year ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you shared some of your notes, John. It was a wonderful message and truly thought provoking!
    Through Christ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady B! So important to consider our motives and why we do what we do...

    ReplyDelete