Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Passion 2012



As I write this morning, I am tuned into last nights session for Passion 2012. If you are unfamiliar with the Passion conferences, they are spearheaded by their founder, Louie Giglio, and his team, and meant for college age students ages 18-25. Passion 2012 is running from January 2-5 this year in Atlanta and includes speakers/musicians including Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band, Francis Chan, Lecrae, Hillsong United, Beth More and others.

The first Passion conference I went to was in Memphis, TN area when I was a college student in Rochester NY. A friend of mine and I drove down and camped out on a farm for the "One Day" event. A couple years ago I was able to attend Passion 2010 as one of the leaders with a group of high school seniors/college students.

Throughout the conference, they will be streaming live the sessions at live.268generation.com. The sessions run all day long so if you get a chance to tune in and catch one, please do. They will also be showing previous sessions for a short time after the session finishes if you are unable to catch it live (like I am doing).

These conferences are powerful and encouraging, and all about Jesus. Take some time to join with Chris Tomlin as he worships to "Our God is Greater," or be challenged through speakers such as Francis Chan and John Piper. Take a few moments to hear the Word and be lifted up in His Presence. I don't think you will regret it.

#Passion2012

No comments:

Post a Comment