Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Imitate Me

As I was reading the book "The Jesus Letters" by David Ravenhill this morning, a particular thing he said jumped out at me: Beware of the man you can't imitate.


It quickly hit me how convicting that statement as well as the preceding paragraph was. He was writing about the apostle Paul, and how great of an apostle he was in the faith. Paul was able to say in 1 Corinthians 11:1, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ."

My good buddy Tom would ask, if someone followed you around for a day, week, month... would they be closer to Jesus by the end of it? If they followed you into your home, your workplace, your quiet places when you are alone, would they be lead closer to Jesus?

Beware of the man [person] you can't imitate.


The reality is we are leading people. Friends, relatives, children, spouses, co-workers... The question is, where are we leading them?

Could you and I say today, imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ?

2 comments: