Monday, January 30, 2012

Perfection

It's been a few years since I have ridden the slopes of Holiday Valley in Upstate New York. Snowboarding was one of my favorite hobbies of mine growing up and have a lot of fond memories of carving down the mountain with friends.

There is nothing quite like sitting on top of a mountain, strapping my feet in my board in the cold air of the night, snow flurries coming down, and getting ready to carve down the trail - catching some air, finding a good line, and sometimes going so fast my eyes would start watering as my adrenaline was pumping. Yes, fond memories for sure.

I loved getting my snowboarding thrills riding down the mountain. Though I never got into the skill, jumping and technicality of the half pipe, I still appreciate and am amazed at what some guys can do on their snowboard there. One of those guys is Shaun White.

Last night, Shaun competed in the Winter X Games Super Pipe competition, and threw down a nasty run in the half pipe that scored him a perfect 100. First time ever in that event. It was his fifth straight gold. Not bad I'd say.

Though you may or may not be into snowboarding, I encourage you to check out the video below and take a look at what it's like for someone to be the best in their sport - in this case, the Winter X Super Pipe.


2 comments: