Monday, November 21, 2011

Tebowing

Our country in many ways revolves around football this time of year. Families and friends structure their weekly schedules around games that are played. It's easy to see that football is the most popular sport to follow and watch in our nation.

I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw a complete NFL game; it has been a little while though. I do however follow from a distance as a sports fan in general. As such, it's hard to miss all that media that has been focused on Tim Tebow.

As his name has popped up more and more, I have taken the time to look into his football talent, and his character that I have heard a lot about. I can strongly say that at least from watching his life from a distance, he seems to be the real deal.

In the few interviews I have seen, and some of the football highlights of his games that I have watched, his faith quickly rises to the surface. This young man is I am sure all over national news and radio, and clearly, his faith is all over him. Because of that, he is a tremendous example to the world about what it means to be a believer in Christ.

So, if you haven't taken the time to look into Tim Tebow's life, if you haven't witnessed his winning personality, his faith in Christ, I would encourage you to do so. And I would I also encourage you to pray for him when you think of it.

And, by the way, he has done a pretty good job of taking a losing Broncos team, and turning the team into a .500 ball club with a starting record of 4-1. Not too shabby.

As for "Tebowing," you don't know?! Kidding... Google it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment