Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Off the Shelf (What I am Reading)


I have taken one Biblical Studies class in my life, officially. I also took a couple of "religion" classes while working on my undergraduate years ago, which, I'm not sure if I'd count those...

Most of my growth and what I have learned in my Christian walk has come from sermons, conferences, prayer, times in His presence, mentors, books, Bible study groups, close friendships and life in general (or the "School of Hard Knocks" as they say).

I recently picked up a more doctrinal book, "The Life of Christ," by Ralph M. Riggs. It is actually from the only Bible class I have taken, though, not needed to pass the course. I have begun to read through its pages and am truly enjoying it. There is so much life and revelation surrounding the life of Christ.

I'm glad I took this book off the shelf (more like, out of the box) and am enjoying the greater understanding of His Word I am gaining. I also look forward to gaining a better understanding of the Person of Jesus Christ, and cultivating a more intimate relationship with Him, my God, as a result.

That's what's officially off the shelf and in my hands at the moment. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment