Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Praise

There is something about praising the Lord. There seems to be several occasions in the Scripture to praise Him.

Praise Him for the blessings.

Praise Him for the trials.

Praise Him in the morning and in the evening.

Praise Him because He is worthy.

He is enthroned on the praises of His people.

It's funny. There's something about praising the Lord that puts me in my place. It reminds me who I am next to Him, the Creator of the universe.

When I am going through a trial of some sort, there is nothing like praising Him that can lift my countenance and encourage my spirit.

Problem is, praising Him in a trial is easier said than done. It's a nice idea, but when it comes down to it, I'm usually too caught up with what I am going through to praise Him.

The book of James says to count it all joy when we face trials and temptations. Praise Him in the storm - as the popular Christian song says.

Easier said than done. But better done than not.

Let's praise Him today.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment