Friday, April 13, 2012

Psalm 103

Psalm 103 is a rich Psalm, and is a great reminder of the Lord's grace, mercy, kindness and love towards those who fear Him. It's a great reminder for me today that I can trust in His character. I can trust in His Name and that He loves me, even when my own mind and heart condemn me.

The Lord is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not always chide,
nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
For he knows our frame;
he remembers that we are dust. Psalm 103:8-14 ESV

Today, I'm so thankful that He is abounding in love, that He is merciful, gracious, and slow to anger. I'm thankful that He doesn't deal with me according to my sins. And I'm thankful that He is well familiar with my frame - He knows I am but dust.

It's Scripture like this that reminds me that it's not what I can do, but all about Him and what He did through Jesus Christ. He was condemned, so I could go free. He took my shame, and lifted my head. He was rejected, so I could be accepted into God's family. He took my sin and God's wrath, that I might be forgiven.

This is my God.

Yea, thankful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment