Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Letter To My Wife, On Our Anniversary...




A letter to my wife, on our anniversary....

Elizabeth,

Ten years ago today I was preparing myself to meet you on an altar in a country church in western New York. Ten years ago we made a promise to one another, to stay together and love one another through thick and thin, good times and bad. We made these promises before the Lord of the Universe who has been with us and has blessed us through our first decade of life together.

I’m so glad we made these promises to each other ten years ago today.

You have been my companion through the thick and thin, the good and bad. You are my friend and lover. You have stuck by my side even when I was difficult to stick by. If there is one quality that you have shown me it is that of your faithfulness.

You are a faithful wife, a faithful mother of our children, you are faithful in the running of our home, and faithful in your walk with Jesus.

You have been my faithful companion.

I thank God, honey, for your love, kindness, patience and faithfulness to me. I don’t deserve the love you give me, yet you give it freely. You are fun, energetic, passionate, compassionate, patient, and more. There is no one else I would rather be spending my life with.

So today, on our ten year anniversary, I want to tell you that I love you. That I would marry you all over again… I am more in love with you today than I have ever been. And I sooo look forward to the next ten years (and more!) together.

I love you. Happy anniversary.

John

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so beautiful! What a blessed 10, almost 11 years we have had. I would marry you again in a heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete