Monday, December 26, 2011

48 Hour Christmas

Christmas Day was a great opportunity to see old friends and family. We started the day worshiping God and celebrating the birth of our Savior with our former church family in Albion, NY. It was great to see old friends and familiar faces. We then continued packing for our return trip to Kentucky, then enjoyed festivities at my parents and desert with my wife's extended family. All in all, a great day with family and friends.

If it had been a normal day, we probably would have concluded the day with some more packing to leave in the morning and then some hanging out. However, we decided to give it a shot to drive through the night. So at around 10:45pm Christmas night, we left Albion, NY and headed for KY.

Needless to say, My wife and I are pretty wiped at the moment, as we took turns making the drive. The bed is sounding awfully good except for the semi-nauseous feeling I have from packing down Mountain Dew, Doritos, Reese's and Sour Patch Kids in an attempt to keep myself awake during the late our of the night. I am in definite need of a body purge (no more junk food!). So was it a good idea to drive through the night? Not so sure, but either way, we are back home.

I am hoping to post some more pics from our 10 day adventure here in the near future, so check back soon.

Hope your Christmas Day was filled with peace and joy in Christ, and great memories with those you love (and hopefully more sleep than what we got!)

No comments:

Post a Comment