Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Male, or Man?

Taken from The Art of Manliness, here.

My brother recently turned me on to The Art of Manliness. I have enjoyed what I have seen in the site so far, and appreciate their heart - Restoring the lost art of manliness.


One of the strong desires in my heart lately is to be a man - in more than the body part kind of way - but to have the heart, will, strength, courage, vision, love, and gentleness that a man was meant to have. To be the man that God has created me to be.

Unfortunately, manhood and men in general are not celebrated or encouraged in today's day. You don't have to look too far to see a man being portrayed as a dumb, sloppy, disconnected, selfish, sports hungry, video-game addicted man (rather, male I should say, as there is a difference). And, as men we have fulfilled that role pretty well.

I want to be a part of the generation of real men. Sacrificial men. Strong men. God's men. It was A.W. Tozer who said:

The most critical need of the church at this moment is men, bold men, free men. The church must seek, in prayer and much humility, the coming again of men made of the stuff of which prophets and martyrs are made.

So I encourage you, men, in your journey to be the man that God meant for you to be, check out The Art of Manliness. Though I don't believe it is written from a biblical perspective, manliness is biblical, and there are many articles there that will help you in restoring the lost art of manliness.

By the way, here is a great article I read recently on being a frugal man - an area I have been growing in (and still growing) over the past couple of years. Click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment