Friday, May 4, 2012

Dream

I'm a dreamer. Can't help it. It's God's fault. He did it to me. And as such, articles like the below stir up my heart to dream.

Check it out. It's short. Pointed. And the question is...

Are you fulfilling the dreams God has given you?


The Only Alarm Clock You Desperately Need
Jon Acuff

This is a picture I took of my alarm clock two weeks ago in Indianapolis.


I wasn’t there to work out for the Colts, but that’s a pretty good assumption.

I spoke in Grant County, Indiana on a Friday night. Then rode 95 miles back to Indianapolis and checked into the hotel at 12:30AM. Roughly 3 hours later I was up for a flight to San Antonio.

Before I took my dream job, I didn’t expect so many 4 AM alarm clocks. I bought into the myth that when you find your passion or calling or dream, things will be easy. Life will flow like a gentle river of fresca, passing banks of candy cane grass. La. La. La.

I was wrong. Here’s the truth:

You will work harder at something you love than something you like.

You will work harder than you have ever worked when you start chasing a dream.

You will hustle and grind and sweat and push and pull.

You will get up earlier and go to bed later. But that’s OK.

Joy is an incredible alarm clock.

It will wake you up and keep you up and pick you up and gently pull you through a thousand rejections along the way.

If your goal is to work less, keep the day job you have. Do something you like. Settle into life like a long winter’s nap and coast on through to your 80s.

But if you want to dream. If you want to live out some unique talent you’ve been given to steward during your time on this planet, set the alarm for 4 AM.

Get going.

Get up.

Question:What is your dream job?

Read this article in it's original form here.

No comments:

Post a Comment