Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weeds Of Fear

I took this picture the other day, and it reminded me how life can grow anywhere. Against the greatest odds, great dreams have been born and great lives have been lived.

I'm also reminded that evil can grow anywhere too. Just like this tree found a crack in my driveway and cement wall; doubt, unbelief, fear, etc. will take what ground you give it.

I have struggled with fear recently. The holy spirit has helped me to gain much ground and turn back this fear, not giving into it and living in greater freedom and faith.

But there are still areas of fear in my life.

And if I don't snuff them out now, that fear will take hold of any ground I give it, attempt to steal back any ground won for faith, and try in any way to become a strong tree (a stronghold of sin) in my life.

No ground must be given to the enemy. My lot is faith, my life is Christ. Just like the Isrealites before us, sin in the camp is not to be tolerated.

Don't tolerate the devil's tactics today. Take ground. Have faith.

You and I are holy vessels for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment