Sunday, June 3, 2012

Surprise!

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I can share more details :)

I recently spent a few days traveling to the west coast of the country. My recent posts included pictures of Arizona, Washington and Oregon. But I purposely tried to not get into too many details, and didn't really explain why I was making the trip.

We've been working for about six weeks to get my father-in-law's mother (my wife's grandmother) out to Kentucky. We had always wanted to get out to Oregon to see my wife's grandmother again, but just weren't sure when that would happen. So we decided to try to bring her to us instead of us going out there.

We weren't sure if Liz's grandmother would go for this, seeing I had only met her once in my life and she's getting up there in years a little bit. But she showed herself to be a young great grandmother when she didn't put up a fight at all, but said yes to going on this little adventure!

My mother-in-law and father-in-law we're making a trip to Kentucky this week, so we thought that would be a great opportunity to bring her out and surprise my father-in-law at the same time.

Well, it all worked together when they came to my brother-in-law's house today (many people have been working hard to keep this a secret and make this happen!) and, get this, my father-in-law's mother from Oregon opened the door for them! What a blast!! He was so surprised and had no idea!

The look on his face, the tears in Grandma's eyes, and the joy in everyone's hearts made it all worth it. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Awh, what a wonderful surprise! Good job for pulling it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Praise the Lord! Many people worked together to make it happen!

      Delete