Saturday, June 9, 2012

Peacefully Wasted

Wow, I am wasted.

Maybe it's all the travelling. Maybe it's spending most of the day in the hot sun today. Maybe it's just the pressure of needing to make a buck.

I'm not totally sure what God is trying to speak to me in this season, but, there seems to be more than one thing He's after.

One thing I am trying to do better is to "go with the flow," or maybe the better way to say it, take it a day at a time.

Of course, that is easier said then done.

I want so bad to know the answers to life's questions, to have my life nailed down, figured out, you know? If I had my way I would have my whole life written down (at least the high points) and planned out before any of it happened. That way if life threw me a curveball, I could just go to the "plan" to see what was next.

Of course, therein lies my problem.

I like to find my comfort in my own understanding. You know what? I've realized lately that there is a peace that comes with understanding. There is a peace in knowing the why and the what... all the details. But life has a way of throwing things our direction that are beyond our understanding. We can't figure out why, or we can't predict the future, etc.

I want the peace that surpasses understanding. The peace that comes when you don't know the answers. The peace that comes from God alone.

Part of obtaining that peace I believe is learning to go with His flow. I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow.

And, as part of the process of going through a storm, my faith is built and I get to know Jesus a little more.

Isn't that what it's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment