Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Heart

Our family loves watching the Duggars. Tonight we all sat around the computer screen and watched the season's final episode of 19 Kids and Counting.

As we watched, I was personally encouraged (and convicted) by something Anna Duggar said (Anna is Josh's wife).

She was in a stressful situation with some of the younger kids, and instead of getting super frustrated to the point of yelling and screaming she took a step back and realized what was most important - their heart.

Ouch.

That hurt... But I needed it.

So often I become that frustrated, raising my voice, yelling, impatient Dad, instead of living with my children with patience and kindness - looking out for their heart first and foremost.

I may have their obedience, but do I have their heart? It's the same in our walk with God.

Needless to say, I am thankful for the Duggar family and their example of loving and leading like Jesus. I only hope to get better myself at being a loving Father and husband in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment