Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election 2012


As I write, things are pretty tight in the 2012 Presidential race. Over the next several hours, we should know who will be the next President of the United States. Months and months of campaigning for the candidates comes to this moment.

I personally have no feeling one way or the other about who will win this election. What I do know from Proverbs is that when the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.

I also believe that America is at [and has been at] a crossroads in many ways. It doesn't take much prophetic insight to see our nation is straying from its foundation. Ultimately, I believe that fact actually points to a deeper issue - a church that has left her King, her first love.

You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden... Jesus.

How does a nation stand strong on it's biblical foundation, if the church, or light of the world, is allowing their light to go out?

Regardless of who our next president is [and I hope he is a godly man] we must all be sure to examine our lives to see if we as the church are truly being the light of the world.

Am I truly the salt of the earth? Or have I lost my saltiness? Have I left my first love in exchange for the cares and allurements of this world?

Without the church being a light, without the church burning hot for her God, our nation has no real hope. There is only one leader who can provide lasting and eternal change to our nation - and He's on the ticket of our lives - Jesus Christ.
Light the fire again...

2 comments: