Monday, October 1, 2012

United Bates of America

My wife recently downloaded from Amazon the shows from the United Bates of America, a show documenting the life of the Bates family of Lake City, TN, one of America's largest families.

I enjoyed the show I watched (episode 1), though it had a different feel from the show of their good friends, the Duggars. The Duggars show seems a little more refined, which isn't necessarily a knock on the Bates. In fact, I feel the authenticity and genuineness and real-ness of the Bates was apparent.

Through the course of changing jobs over the summer, I was able to visit the Bates family as I considered starting an outdoor business, specifically a tree trimming business. As I spent time with them, their real-ness and genuine heart for the Lord and other people shown through, just as it did on the episode. The Bates are the real deal...

So anyway, I'm looking forward to watching some more episodes, hopefully in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment