Thursday, October 18, 2012

Powerless

I shared the scripture Colossians 1:29 yesterday. It seems that as I have become more emptied of myself, have less control of my life, have fewer answers on things, etc... the more I sense God's strength and power in me.

The more I run out of my solutions and efforts, the more His energy and efforts empower me.

It's just that... it's so hard to let go of that control! :/ By nature I want to know how things will be, have the plan and all the answers. But it seems more and more that I am being stripped of those false comforts (or illusions of control), so that all that remains is me throwing up my hands in total surrender.

But that's when it happens...

His strength increases. His power is made perfect in weakness. His strength works in me as I live in surrender.

So I boast in my lack of answers. I boast in my weakness. If I can feel his energy and passion in me through my falling short, so be it.

I would much rather Him living HIS life through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment