Saturday, December 8, 2012

Beautiful God

God is so kind. He is so good to us...

As we have been working through the Thriving Family Advent calendar, put out by Focus on the Family, I have seen some good things happening with my family. What happened tonight was incredible - it was beautiful, real and powerful, and all orchestrated by God.

The Holy Spirit began working on the hearts of my oldest two children about two separate things, one regarding the Lordship of Jesus in their lives (going wherever He tells her to go, and giving her whole heart), the other on their sin.

After tears, confession, and prayer, I put two of the younger ones to bed only to come back out to see the two oldest behind the couch, Bibles opened, highlighting and talking.

They took turns reading the Word, then talked about how they could get up early each morning to pray and read.

After some more meaningful moments, they headed to bed; Mom and Dad with full hearts, thanking God and humbled by what God was doing.

I know He was doing... in spite of me, not because of me.

If anything, I was convicted of my own sin through the night.

I just feel so privileged to be a part of such a special moment in our family. These moments are soo precious, and I am so glad God allowed us in on what He is doing in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment