Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Twenty Less

I normally don't get excited about weight loss goals, but what has happened with my body lately has me pretty excited :)

For years I tried hard to gain weight - protein shakes, working out, eating like a staving teenage boy... but it was always tough to get my weight up. Then something happened. The older I got, the weight I used to have to work so hard for started to come on so easily... and without my permission!

Well, this past January I got sick as a dog and lost about 5 pounds in just a day or two. I remember thinking to myself, "I'm going to run with this... I've already lost five, let's try to keep this up!"

Through my wife feeding us more all-natural meals, me eating lighter dinners (yet bigger breakfasts and lunches), doing more body weight exercises (versus heavy lifting), and just staying active, I'm now about 20 pounds lighter than where I was at around Christmas last year!

For me and my frame, that is a BIG difference! The weight I am at now is a little more natural for my frame and body type. I feel great (except for those nagging pains that seem to be a part of joining the 30 club!) and look forward to keeping the weight off with continued healthy eating, watching my portions in the evening, and staying active (I'm also praying and believing to kick those nagging pains to the curb!)

So anyway, maybe that will help encourage someone else looking to make some personal fitness goals out there... you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment