Friday, August 17, 2012

Battle Trust

What do you do when the battle wages on? Who do you look to when things get difficult?

It's my natural inclination as a problem solver to look to myself to solve the problems or difficulties I face. When a crisis hits, I usually try to find the solution in and of myself. Then, when all else fails, pray.

I feel the Lord turning me to Him along all of life's bends and turns - to go to Him first. To look to Him for the solution, instead of to myself. To look to Him with faith and patience, enjoying the day and not worrying about tomorrow - knowing it is Him who holds the 'morrow.

When we face trials and difficulties, God is trying to work something for good in our lives. Will we go to Him to seek what it is He is looking to do? Will we seek Him for the solution? Will we find our rest in Him or try to find it in our ability to control our situation? Will we allow Him to do the work He wants to do in us, and let Him do it His way, and in His time?

I haven't always been good at these things, but I do feel the Lord is helping me to depend more on Him rather than myself when I am fighting in the trenches of life. I suppose it is better to learn these things later rather than never.

So what about you? What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment