Monday, July 9, 2012

Wild at Heart - Review

I recently finished the book Wild at Heart, by John Eldredge.

What a great book.

Now, for one, he may be a little "outside the box" for some Christian readers, but the substance and insight into manhood he provides in the book was priceless to me.

I have sought to know for a while now more clearly what real and biblical manhood looks like. I long to be the husband, father, friend, etc. that I am meant to be. Mr. Eldredge takes time in this book to share what manhood really is from God's perspective, all the while sharing real and personal thoughts from his own life and the lives of those he interacts with.

He gets into the deep hurts of a man, the longings inside a man, a man's relationship with women, and more.

The book provided great personal insight for me into my own life - revealing deep hurts and wrong tendencies - and my own journey to become to man God has made me to be.

I would highly recommend this book to any man (or woman - my wife learned more about me reading it!), especially those looking to grow into the man God wants them to be.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment