Thursday, September 29, 2011

Widow, Stranger, and Fatherless

This isn't the first time I've seen this. The widow, the stranger, the fatherless. God has a heart for adults and children in these situations.

I was reading out of Psalm 94 verse six and saw how the psalmist refers to the wicked as the ones who kill the widow, the stranger, and the fatherless. I was reminded yet again and began questioning myself, "What is it that I'm doing to reach out to the people in these situations?"

Unfortunately it isn't much. And yet, if it's God's heart, it should be mine as well. If he has a heart for the broken, as His image bearer, I should too. If I am not actively reaching out to people in need, am I much better than the wicked? If my mouth is silent, and my hands are busy doing other things - never lifting up the hurting and broken - am I any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment